This challenge is being hosted by Alyson at Kid Lit Frenzy.
Here are the details copied Alyson's blog:
Nonfiction Picture Book Challenge 2014
Here are the details if you would like to participate in the challenge:
1. Set a goal as to how many nonfiction picture books (or nonfiction MG or YA books) you would like to read over the course of 2014. Maybe you want to read one a month or one a week. Will they all be from 2014 or will you be reading ones previously published? Set a goal that will be fun and not stressful.
2. I will be posting my nonfiction book reviews and posts on Wednesdays. There will be a link if you want to connect up one of your reviews or progress towards your goal.
3. There will be a few giveaways. Keep an eye out for details.
4. If you would like to participate in this challenge, please link up your blog or GoodReads Shelf using the Widget below.
5. If you tweet about what you are reading as part of this challenge, please use the twitter hashtag #nfpb2014.
6. Finally, I am still working on the Challenge images to be used in this blog post, but I should have them for you to grab soon. You are welcome to copy the one at the top of this for now. Good luck everyone and happy reading in 2014.
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am aiming for reading at least one nonfiction picture/MG/YA book aloud to my children each month for 2014 (read 12 nonfiction children's books in total).
I will keep track of my progress below: