This challenge is being hosted by Bev at My Reader's Block!
Here are the details copied from Bev's blog:
2014 The Color Coded Reading Challenge
*Read nine books in the following categories.
1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title.
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title.
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title.
4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title.
5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title.
6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title.
7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title.
8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2014 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
*Everyone who completes all nine categories will be entered in a year-end drawing for a book-related prize package.
*Please post about the challenge on your blog. Sign ups accepted until Nov 30, 2014.
*Please sign up using the Linky below. Give your name & blog (Example: Bev @ My Reader's Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don't connect to just your home page. Links to a list on GoodReads or other social media sites are also acceptable.
*Please use the Review Page (link coming in January) to post review links and a final wrap-up post when you finish the challenge. (click link) [Reviews are not required--but I would love to see what you think about the books that you've read if you do review.]
*No blog or GoodReads site? That's okay. Post a comment here to announce your entry into the challenge and when you have completed the challenge just post a comment at the review site with a list of your books.
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I will keep track of my progress below and link up my reviews:
- ANY OTHER COLOR:
- A WORD THAT IMPLIES COLOR: