Welcome to another edition of Spotlight Saturday at Darlene's Book Nook, where we feature authors and their books!
We will be joined today by Tara Fairfield.
Tara has three grown children and currently lives in the Pacific Northwest.
CONNECT ONLINE WITH TARA:
Welcome to Darlene's Book Nook, Tara!
Tara has written a guest post, so I will now turn the floor over to her!
Why is forgiveness so important you made it a theme in Makai Queen?
by Tara Fairfield
Forgiving your family or best friend might be easy, but what about someone who gossips about you or a boyfriend who cheats on you? Why bother? Some might tell us to seek revenge to feel better, but revenge offers no such relief. In fact, holding on to bitterness only destroys you. St. Augustine once said “bitterness is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die.” Wise words.
Forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about the state of YOUR heart.
Below are my top 5 benefits of forgiveness:
1. Forgiveness paves the way for peace and freedom. When you harbor anger for someone in your heart, your thoughts and emotions are captured by that situation, keeping you trapped, spiritually, emotionally and mentally. Forgiveness sets you free.
2. Forgiveness heals, it heals you and possibly the relationship. Sometimes people hurt us because they are experiencing pain and torment themselves. Forgiveness provides an opportunity for God to heal the situation.
3. When you forgive you are a walking testimony of the power of love and grace.
4. When you forgive, you escape resentments trap, freeing yourself, allowing you to move forward.
5. Forgive because you are forgiven. Has anyone forgiven you in the past? How did it impact you? God has forgiven you and he sets the model for you to follow. Forgive because He has forgiven. It will set you free!
Life is precious, let go of pain and hurt and walk in the joy and freedom forgiveness offers.
One lucky winner will win a paperback copy of Tara's debut novel, Makai Queen.
Off the coast of Lanai, far beyond the sailboats, there is a hidden world beneath the beryl-blue sea, the marvelous kingdom of Moku-ola, a place where man and beast live in harmony. Unknown and forbidden to those living above the surface, it has never been discovered....until now.
Tessa, a curious teenager with a taste for adventure roams the sandy beaches of Lanai. Feeling lost and hurt she longs for meaning and a place in this world. By chance, Tessa encounters a mysterious man who appears to be drowning. The attempted rescue puts her own life in danger as she is abducted and dragged out to sea.
Far beneath the oceans surface, Tessa is brought to the frightening and wondrous land of Moku-ola. As the dangers of this world threaten her very survival, Tessa must overcome the barriers of self-doubt to discover the keys to her royal destiny.
Dr. Tara Fairfield weaves a fantastical tale of adventure, forgiveness and acceptance. In Makai Queen we learn the journey is not always easy but the destination is worth it.
To enter the giveaway, you must complete the Rafflecopter entry form below.
The giveaway is open to Canada/US mailing addresses only and will close at 12:00 AM CST on May 11, 2013.