Hi, everyone! Time for a 2013 Reading Challenge!!
This challenge is being hosted by Retreat By Random House.
Here are the details copied from Random House's website:
Retreat’s Reading Bingo 2013 Challenge
When facing a new year filled with so many possibilities for resolutions, sometimes it’s hard to know where to start. Do you want to challenge yourself to read more in the coming year? What about to read more widely? And where’s the motivation to stay on track?
Bingo–that’s where! Welcome to Retreat’s Reading Bingo 2013 Challenge. We’ve created a printable bingo card with 24 reading challenges! Join us and challenge yourself to read more, to read more widely and to have fun doing it all!
You can approach the Reading Bingo card however you like: beginners, start by getting one line; if you’re more advanced, try the whole outside box on the card; experts–fill in the whole card!
We would recommend using one book per space, but if your local bookseller recommends a book with an animal on the cover, who are we to stop you from cover two squares with one read?
Come back here often–we’ll be giving suggestions for reads that fit the various criteria in case you get stuck–and we’d love to hear which books you’re reading and how many squares you’re covering as you go! We’ll keep you updated with our progress, too!
So, grab your Reading Bingo card, get reading and report back to us!
I will keep track of my progress below:
- A BOOK BY A CANADIAN AUTHOR: Rebel Heart by Moira Young (Dust Lands, Book #2)
- A BOOK YOU WOULD HAVE PICKED UP AS A TEENAGER: Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (House of Night, Book #1)
- A BOOK WITH AN ANIMAL ON THE COVER: White Cat by Holly Black (Curse Workers, Book #1)
- A YOUNG ADULT NOVEL: Undead by Kirsty McKay (Undead, Book #1)
- A BOOK WITH MORE THAN 400 PAGES: Witch World by Christopher Pike (Witch World, Book #1)
- A BOOK THAT'S BEEN ON YOUR SHELF FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter, Book #1)
- A BOOK SOMEONE RECOMMENDS TO YOU: Divergent by Veronica Roth (Divergent, Book #1)
- AN AWARD-WINNING BOOK: By the Great Horn Spoon! by Sid Fleischman
- A BOOK WITH A GREAT FIRST LINE: Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason
- A BOOK YOU CHOSE BECAUSE OF THE COVER: A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies (A Beautiful Dark, Book #1)
- A BOOK WITH PICTURES: Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman
- A BOOK THAT IS OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE: Nauti Siren by Lora Leigh (Nauti, Book #7)
- A BOOK FROM THE LIBRARY: Hotel Iris by Yoko Ogawa
- A BOOK YOU SAW SOMEONE READING:
- A BOOK THAT WILL HELP WITH YOUR CAREER:
- A BOOK YOU SAW ON TV:
- A BOOK RECOMMENDED BY YOUR LOCAL BOOKSELLER:
- A BOOK WRITTEN BY A CELEBRITY:
- A BOOK OF POETRY:
- A BOOK YOU HEARD ABOUT ON THE RADIO:
- A BOOK RECOMMENDED BY YOUR BARISTA:
- A BOOK RECOMMENDED BY A CELEBRITY:
- A BOOK YOU (SHOULD HAVE) READ IN HIGH SCHOOL:
- A BOOK "EVERYONE" BUT YOU HAS READ: