This challenge is being hosted by Patricia at Planet Pooks.
Here are the details copied from Patricia's blog:
Embarrassment of Riches Reading Challenge 2013
RULES: To be considered a TBR book, you must own it prior to Jan 1, 2013. The book can count toward other challenges, as well. It can be fiction or nonfiction, poetry or play, audiobook–as long as it is a book. This is not a picky challenge–just about reading the riches we already own.
On the last day of each month I will post an entry where you can say how many TBRs you read that month, titles, and whether you liked them or not. Full-blown reviews not required. You can list them in comments or link back to your own blog or page where they are listed.
At the end of the year I will have pretty badges for all levels, and if I haven’t learned to create them by myself, hopefully somebody else will make them for me.
There are five levels of accomplishment (and a bonus challenge) in the Embarrassment of Riches TBR Reading Challenge.
Copper: Read 6 TBR books between Jan 1 and Dec 31 2013.
Bronze: Read 12 TBR books between Jan 1 and Dec 31 2013.
Silver: Read 24 TBR books between Jan 1 and Dec 31 2013
Gold: Read 36 TBR books between Jan 1 and Dec 31 2013.
Platinum: Read 50 TBR books between Jan 1 and Dec 31 2013.
Bonus Challenge! The same levels are also available for digital samples. If you are like me, you also have a quizillion samples you’ve downloaded onto your e-reader. Culling through samples and deciding whether to keep reading or not is a separate challenge with all five levels and the same year-end prize–a special badge.
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
I am aiming for "SILVER" (read 24 TBR books).
I will keep track of my progress below and link up my reviews:
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (Christmas Books, Book #1)
- Holiday Grind by Cleo Coyle (Coffeehouse Mystery, Book #8)
- Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (House of Night, Book #1)
- White Cat by Holly Black (Curse Workers, Book #1)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter, Book #1)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth (Divergent, Book #1)
- By the Great Horn Spoon! by Sid Fleischman
- Freedom Train: The Story of Harriet Tubman by Dorothy Sterling (Scholastic Biographies)
- A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies (A Beautiful Dark, Book #1)
- The Perilous Road by William O. Steele
- Beastly by Alex Flinn (Kendra Chronicles, Book #1)
- Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman
- Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson, Book #1)
- Beastly: Lindy's Diary by Alex Flinn (Kendra Chronicles, Book #1.5)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter, Book #2)
- Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (Mercy Thompson, Book #2)
- The Terrible Wave by Marden Dahlstedt
- Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Divergent, Book #2)
- The Great Turkey Walk by Kathleen Karr
- Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink (Caddie Woodlawn, Book #1)