Hi, everyone! Time for a 2013 Reading Challenge!!
This challenge is being hosted by The Book Cellar.
Here are the details copied from The Book Cellar's blog:
2013 YA/MG Fantasy Challenge
The goal is to read and review 10 YA/MG fantasy books throughout the year. Some changes from last year:
The challenge runs January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Sign-ups will end Oct 15, 2013. As always, all types of fantasy are included in the challenge, not limited to urban, high, epic, general fantasy, etc.
- Books can be any YA or MG fantasy, they do not need to be specific to 2013. I will still be doing roundups of releases each month just to keep news up on new releases.
- Giveaways are no longer just for reviews – they will be for all challenge participants. Reviews will be worth the most entries and each giveaway will be run bimonthly, so there will be 6 prize packs available throughout the year.
Click here for the spreadsheet of 2013 Fantasy Titles I could find (which will be much more conclusive soon!). The Goodreads list for 2013 releases will be up soon!
If you would like to join me in the challenge, click on the challenge badge at the beginning of this post.
COMPLETED ON 27 MARCH 2013
I will keep track of my progress below and link up my reviews (here are some books that I might read for the challenge):
- Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (House of Night, Book #1)
- White Cat by Holly Black (Curse Workers, Book #1)
- Witch World by Christopher Pike (Witch World, Book #1)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter, Book #1)
- Crash by Lisa McMann (Visions, Book #1)
- Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill
- A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies (A Beautiful Dark, Book #1)
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles, Book #2)
- Beastly by Alex Flinn (Kendra Chronicles, Book #1)
- Beastly: Lindy's Diary by Alex Flinn (Kendra Chronicles, Book #1.5)
- Splintered by A.G. Howard (Splintered, Book #1)
- What the Spell? by Brittany Geragotelis (Life's a Witch, Book #1)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter, Book #2)
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks (Of Poseidon, Book #1)
- Absent by Katie Williams